How to Clean Make up Brushes: The Easy and Affordable Way!

By 18:45:00 , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

There are a lot of products out there than are made to clean make-up brushes. More often than not they are fairly expensive, and although there are D.I.Y tutorials everywhere, I just don't trust myself to do it.

As someone who has struggled with skin problems before, I'd been told that I shouldn't use brushes to apply make up as it can spread bacteria. I still do but I have to clean them regularly and it really does help. 



I use a product from Lush (yet again!) that is easy and affordable. It's from their 'fun' range which is mouldable and has multi-purposes. They have a variety of colours and scents to choose from too. At a price of £5, you can't really complain. You get a good few washes out of each one! 

As you can see they aren't that dirty really but I like to keep mine clean. I use a small amount and then add more if I need to. All you need to do is rinse the hot water over both the brush and the soap, then rub the bristles into the mould.  The dirtier brushes always take a little longer but that is to be expected! 


Afterwards my brushes are much cleaner and just need to be left to dry! 
I'll definitely be sticking to these products for my brushes anyway! Hope this helps some of you who are stuck with too much choice. 

Emma :)

You Might Also Like

4 comments